We, Vowel Learning Solutions LLP (“Vowel”, “We”,) are the owners of the website www.vowellms.com (“Website”) and have developed a learning management tool (“Vowel LMS”). Vowel LMS helps individuals and organizations conduct online and classroom training activities, content distribution and management, host workshops, webinars, create assessments and quizzes, hand out assignments (“Services”).
For residents of the US, please note that the personal information provided by you on this Website shall be utilised, used or handled in accordance with the applicable US data protection and privacy laws.
1. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
To register for our free services, interacting with us using our chat window or to get in touch with us through the ‘contact us’, ‘sign up’ page on our Website, you would need to provide us with your first name, last name, e-mail address, contact number, company website, company name, number of learners, lead referral details, country. For the sake of brevity, the aforementioned information shall be referred to as “Personal Information”.
We also collect certain non-personal information on the way you use the Website, through tools such as Google Analytics (a brief description of the same is provided below). This is done primarily to enhance user experience. These tools collect certain information which helps us understand how many visitors have visited the Website and also, their behaviour.
As per the provisions of the GDPR we shall be considered the Controllers of the aforementioned Personal Information.
- improve the user experience on the website
- understand the usage based on the geographical area
- understand the usage based on the demographics
- understand and get usage patterns of the users
Examples of Cookies We Use: Session cookies, First party cookies, Third Party cookies, Secure Cookies, HTTP-only cookies, Flash cookies, Zombie cookies.
The cookies will collect following information:
- Clicks and scroll on the Website;
- Visitor’s operating system, browser information, CPU, GPU; and
- Information of Service Provider.
Will disabling the cookies allow users to use the website?
We will not restrict the usage of the Website if the cookies are disabled.
Accuracy of information. Please make sure that any Personal Information you share with us is accurate and up to date information. If you are sharing any Personal Information on behalf of a third person, you should ensure that you are authorized to do so.
2. WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR DATA?
We use the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to inform you about our Services and to respond to your requests;
- for creation or development of business intelligence or data analytics in relation to the Services provided by us (for this purpose we may share the Personal Information with certain software or tools available online)
- to improve the Services;
- to run marketing and promotional campaigns, to process job applications (if you apply for a position with our organization),
- to maintain and manage our Website;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- for internal record keeping; and
- to comply with our legal or statutory obligations.
Legal Basis (for people from the EU): We will not process your Personal Information without a lawful basis to do so. We will process your Personal Information only on the legal basis of consent [as provided in Art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR], contract [as provided in Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR], or on the basis of our legitimate interests [as provided in Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR], provided that such interests are not overridden by your privacy rights and interests.
3. WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR DATA TO?
We do not sell, rent, share, distribute, lease or otherwise provide your Personal Information to third parties, without your prior consent. Keeping this in mind, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following cases:
Affiliates: We may provide your Personal Information to our affiliates to enable them to promote and develop the Services.
Merger or Acquisition: We may transfer your Personal Information if we are acquired by another entity, or if we merge with another company or transfer a part of our business, including the Website, to a third party. Any such third party or resultant entity that receives your Personal Information shall have the right to continue to use your Personal Information in line with the purposes set out herein. In the event of such a sale or transfer, we may notify you.
Legal and Regulatory Authorities: We may disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with our legal obligations/ court orders/ requests by Govt. authorities.
4. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ACROSS BORDERS (FOR EU RESIDENTS)
5. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
6. OUR SECURITY MEASURES
Your Personal Information is stored on, third party cloud servers. Although we provide appropriate firewalls and protections, we cannot warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted as these systems are not hack proof. Data pilferage due to unauthorized hacking, virus attacks, technical issues is possible, and we assume no liability or responsibility for it. You are required to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
10. GOVERNING LAWS AND DISPUTES
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
12. CONTACT US