We, Vowel Learning Solutions LLP (“Vowel”, “We”,) are the owners of the Vowel LMS learning management tool (“Platform”). The Platform helps individuals and organizations conduct online and classroom training activities, content distribution and management, host workshops, webinars, create assessments and quizzes, hand out assignments (“Services”).
For residents of the US, please note that the personal information provided by you on this Platform shall be utilised, used or handled in accordance with the applicable US data protection and privacy laws.
- “User(s)”, “you” or “your”-means any individual, organization its permitted users and customers that use the Platform to avail the Services.
- “User Content” – meansall data and materials provided by the User to the Platform for creating e-learning courses and used in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, learning modules, data files, audio files, video files, graphics or other materials.
- “Vowel Content” – means all the data and materials including but not limited to learning modules, data files, audio files belonging to us, which has been shared or uploaded on the Platform or has been provided to the User as the case may be.
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We also collect certain non-personal information on the way you use the Platform, through tools such as Google Analytics (a brief description of the same is provided below). This is done primarily to enhance user experience. These tools collect certain information which helps us understand how many visitors have visited the Platform and also, their behaviour.
- ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
User undertakes that he shall be solely responsible for the accuracy, correctness, or truthfulness of the Personal Information and User Content shared or uploaded on the Platform, whether of its own or any third party. In the event the User is sharing any Personal Information or User Content on behalf of a third person, the User represents and warrants that he has the necessary authority to share or upload such Personal Information or User Content on the Platform , We shall not be responsible for verifying the same.
As per the provisions of the GDPR we shall be considered as the controllers for Vowel Content and the processors of the aforementioned Personal Information, User Content
- NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect User’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses when User visits the Platform to track and aggregate non-personal information. Non-personal information may include the browser name, your usage and log related information, the type of electronic device, manufacturer, make, model, unique ID of the electronic device and other technical information about User’s means of connection to our Platform, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. For example, we may use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which User navigates our Platform. User understands that this information shall be non-personal information and could be used by the Company, for its own business purposes. During troubleshooting and maintenance events we may have access to Users Content.
- WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR DATA?
We use the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to inform User’s about our Services and to respond to User’s requests;
- for creation or development of business intelligence or data analytics in relation to the Services provided by us (for this purpose we may share the Personal Information with certain software or tools available online)
- to improve the Services and generate reports;
- to maintain and manage User accounts;
- to assist User in case of technical difficulties that may arise in relation to User’s use and access of the Platform;;
- to manage our relationship with User;
- for internal record keeping; and
- to comply with our legal or statutory obligations.
Legal Basis (for people from the EU): We will not process your Personal Information without a lawful basis to do so. We will process your Personal Information only on the legal basis of consent [as provided in Art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR], contract [as provided in Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR], or on the basis of our legitimate interests [as provided in Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR], provided that such interests are not overridden by your privacy rights and interests.
- WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR DATA TO?
We do not sell, rent, share, distribute, lease or otherwise provide your Personal Information to third parties, without your prior consent. Keeping this in mind, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following cases:
- Affiliates: We may provide your Personal Information to our affiliates to enable them to promote and develop the Services.
- Merger or Acquisition:We may transfer your Personal Information if we are acquired by another entity, or if we merge with another company or transfer a part of our business, including the Platform, to a third party. Any such third party or resultant entity that receives your Personal Information shall have the right to continue to use your Personal Information in line with the purposes set out herein. In the event of such a sale or transfer, we may notify you.
- Legal and Regulatory Authorities: We may disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with our legal obligations/ court orders/ requests by Govt. authorities.
- TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ACROSS BORDERS (FOR EU RESIDENTS)
- HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
- OUR SECURITY MEASURES
Your Personal Information is stored on, AWS cloud servers. Although we provide appropriate firewalls and protections, we cannot warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted as these systems are not hack proof. Data pilferage due to unauthorized hacking, virus attacks, technical issues is possible, and we assume no liability or responsibility for it. You are required to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information.
- ACCESSING AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The User shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its account and for all other activities that occur under his/her account. You must keep your account and password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols) for your account. You shall be solely responsible for your acts and omissions. We shall not be liable for any Personal Information or User Content loss caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- GOVERNING LAWS AND DISPUTES
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACT US